dinsdag 11 januari 2011

Exam Over!

Allrighty,

Just finished my Maya Exam.

Our mission was simple: Make a Birdhouse!
We had to model, uv map, texture, set up rendering, the whole shebang in about 2,5 hours.

So this is what I ended up with:

A rather simple setup, a cilinder, randomized the shape a bit to give it a more natural look, googled a bark texture, edited it so it became vertical tile-able, slapped in on both in the color channel and the bumpmap channel. 
I first started a solid birdhouse model, but it felt to unnatural and straight. So I modeled and textured a wooden worn little plank, and duplicated it around and build a rudimentary birdhouse out of it. Googled another wooden texture, made it tillable in all directions, slapped in on in color and bump. The Nails materials are completely procedural. Cloned the big one and scaled it down, and kept duplicating to nail the planks together. Added physical Sky, and I was done with the exam. I added in some straw in the extra time I had left, and further tweaked by final gathering settings.

It was also the time to turn in our Module project. I could've spent another couple of weeks on it to get it the way I wanted. The foilage in the background seems kind of quick and dirty, because, wel it is. 
The Grass could've used more work, and the texturing on the house has some mistakes if you know where to look. 
Anyways, enough of me yapping, here's the result:


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten